Doug

Doug
Doug at the Tofino Reunion, 2009

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Little Dot Doug

I remember when we began getting email addresses when we were working for the government and Doug's was 'Little.Doug' and so we often referred to him as Little Dot Doug . Well, I did anyway.

While I haven't seen Dougie for quite some time I have nothing but affection for him.

The Major League baseball record for most homeruns in one game by one team is ten and that record is held by the Toronto Blue Jays. Doug and I were together at Exhibition Stadium for that game. God it was Cold!

I love the picture of Doug that is on this blog. He looks so COOL.

Just last week Sandy McMillan, Rick Ringer and I were trying to get in touch with Doug to set up a reunion among the four of us. I guess Doug really didn't want to go. (I am sure that Doug would laugh at that)

I miss his calm. I miss his voice. I miss his intellect. I miss watching him smoke a cigarette(s).

He should have eaten his vegetables! (I don't think I ever saw him eat a single one. Meat and potatoes was it)

Well, I may add more later. He has been in my heart for days now. The world feels like a poorer place today.

g

1 comment:

  1. Gary -

    A great reminiscence. Thanks for sharing it. You have it exactly right - he never ate his vegetables. When we were small and we went out to eat, he would only order poached eggs.

    If you haven't already I know Erin would like to hear from you to get coordinates from his work friends. Her email is at the top of the front page.

    Signed Tom Little (Doug's brother - taller but not as smart).

    ReplyDelete